Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get life insurance for the next million families. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally multi-week process into a modern digital experience for our users that can take just minutes!
Our investors include General Catalyst, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, SoftBank, and the investment vehicles of Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, and Robert Downey Jr. We are listed in Forbes’ Top 50 Fintechs of 2020. And for exciting news about our growth check out Life-Insurance Startup Ethos Valued at More Than $2.7 Billion. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families!
About the Role
As the Brand Copywriter at Ethos, you’ll provide a new, refreshing, modern voice to evolve a centuries-old industry into something approachable… and fun! You’ll conceptualize consumer-facing campaigns, grow and refine our brand voice, and help shape the creative team’s workflow.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Concept, brainstorm, and execute fantastic D2C marketing campaigns
- Develop and write copy for video scripts, web, one-pagers, presentations, emails, landing pages, paid social ads, direct mail ads, and more
- Develop performance and brand campaigns that keep Ethos at the forefront of a changing cultural landscape
- Exercise expertise in Ethos’ value props and product offerings
- Apply our voice and tone guidelines to maintain consistency and quality
- Collaborate closely with fellow in-house creative talent and channel managers to innovate and evolve past and existing programs through a 360 campaign lens
- Creative evolution – stay up to date with branding and advertising in all mediums
Qualifications and Skills:
- A minimum of 3-5 years of copywriting experience, preferably within a marketing team and both B2B and B2C
- Experience with direct mail campaigns
- A strong portfolio with both brand and performance campaigns that span channels and formats
- Working understanding of performance marketing metrics, tests, and results
- Ambitious self-starter with exceptional organizational and communication skills who can collaborate effectively and drive projects from creative conception to execution and follow-up
- You have an owner/operator mentality
Everyone is welcome at Ethos. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.