Associate Technical Writer at Zscaler
Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS) accelerates digital transformation so that customers can be more agile, efficient, resilient, and secure. The Zscaler Zero Trust Exchange is the company's cloud-native platform that protects thousands of customers from cyberattacks and data loss by securely connecting users, devices, and applications in any location.
With more than 10 years of experience developing, operating, and scaling the cloud, Zscaler serves thousands of enterprise customers around the world, including 450 of the Forbes Global 2000 organizations. In addition to protecting customers from damaging threats, such as ransomware and data exfiltration, it helps them slash costs, reduce complexity, and improve the user experience by eliminating stacks of latency-creating gateway appliances.
Zscaler was founded in 2007 with a mission to make the cloud a safe place to do business and a more enjoyable experience for enterprise users. Zscaler's purpose-built security platform puts a company's defenses and controls where the connections occur-the internet-so that every connection is fast and secure, no matter how or where users connect or where their applications and workloads reside.
Position: Associate Technical Writer
Location: US-Pacific only (remote candidates in other locations will not be considered)
An Associate Technical Writer works with development and product managers, engineers, technical trainers, and other technical writers to craft and refine technical documentation, such as engaging and effective online help articles, help videos, and on-screen text. To do this you will build strong working relationships with the cross-functional product development areas of the company. You must have a hands-on approach to the technology and to the products being documented. You will help enhance and expand the current documentation to provide a variety of learning tools for our customers.
- Translate technical information into clear, concise, and effective documentation for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Deliver content for online documentation, video tutorials, on screen text (i.e., UI tooltips and labels), and help portal articles
- Integrate graphics and illustrations to improve the quality and usability of the documentation
- Work cross-functionally with SMEs in the Engineering, Field Support, Sales, Training, and Product Marketing groups
- Assist in defining standards, style, and terminology
- 3+ years of experience in technical writing
- Hands-on experience with JIRA and/or Confluence
- Bachelor's degree in technical writing, communications, or a related field (technical writing/communications certifications are also acceptable)
- Excellent oral, written, and organizational skills
- Detail orientated, and able to think and write in context with the target audience
- Self-motivated and effective in a fluid environment
- Must possess creativity and a sense of humor
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience in writing online help and knowledge base articles
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with web-based or mobile products
- Hands-on experience with HTML5/CSS
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we'd love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at https://www.zscaler.com .
Zscaler is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.