Associate Managing Editor at Built In
Built In is on a mission to unite technology professionals with their purpose. We do that through the power of content. Today, over one million registered users and 4.5 million technology professionals use our platform every year to learn about innovative companies, new technologies and further their careers.
The caliber of audience we’ve cultivated means that over 1800 companies--from the hottest tech startups to Fortune 500 companies undergoing digital transformation-- trust us to share their employer brand story and fill the technology roles that drive their strategy.
Because we can help employers find hard to recruit talent, our B2B side is thriving. In addition our users are finding great jobs and advancing their careers and knowledge of the tech world with Built In. That means we are rapidly growing our product and technology footprint as we are committed to building the leading SaaS product for employer branding and talent activation.
With venture funding of $30M to date with a $22M Series C raise in 2019, we are poised to disrupt recruiting for hard-to-fill roles and help technologists find their dream jobs--in their city, around the country or completely remote. If you are looking for an award-winning culture, have a desire to help people find their calling and want to be part of building best-in-class technology, Built In might fulfill your purpose.We’re looking for an Associate Managing Editor, Brand Studio
As associate managing editor, you’ll handle editorial operations for the growing Brand Studio team, flexing your organizational skills and helping the team meet our quarterly goals. You’ll work with our team of writers, editors, project managers and vendors to develop cutting-edge, custom storytelling in support of tech companies big and small. At the highest level, we showcase and celebrate innovative technology, products and thought leaders across the country — and share those stories with the talent a growing tech company needs to thrive.
How you’ll contribute
- Manage editorial operations for the growing Brand Studio team
- Working closely with editing staff, assign all content products and manage all deadlines and editorial calendars
- Collaborate with Brand Studio leadership to maintain and elevate process and procedures across the Brand Studio and cross-functionally with other departments at Built In
- Take the lead on process improvements and documentation, maintaining current process and looking for ways to improve, with an eye on scaling
- Manage our vendor relationships
- Lead our team of project managers and coordinators to ensure smooth and delightful client experiences and on-time product delivery
- Cooperatively take on other operational duties, roles or responsibilities as needed and assigned.
What you need:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Communications, Journalism, English, or a related field
- At least four years of editorial and/or project management experience
- A demonstrated ability to lead and motivate others
- A demonstrated ability to refine processes to improve efficiency and quality
- A demonstrated ability to generate creative ideas in an environment of aggressive growth
- Expert knowledge of (and the ability to teach) AP Style and in-house guidelines
- Knowledge of Salesforce a plus
We’re revolutionizing tech recruitment. So we question everything, because the best answers sit just to the right of a question mark. That’s our heritage as a disruptive company — as a company whose future depends on our capacity to innovate with a sense of drive, purpose and urgency. If you join Built In, you will work from this set of values:
- Be Inclusive, Always. We’re committed to a culture where all people are respected, have a say and can be their whole selves. We will uplift and advocate for one another. Always.
- Be Unreasonably Passionate. Our passion is borderline obsessive, and we’re ok with that. No one ever built anything great on a “meh.” We work with outsized passion to fulfill our mission.
- Be Humble. You don’t have all the answers. Luckily, you don’t have to. Don’t worry about being right. Be humble instead.
- Stay Curious. Curiosity is a springboard to the future. It can transform the wisp of an idea into a breakthrough. We ask “what if.” We work with wonder. It’s how we innovate.
- Lead with Solutions. Question everything. But offer solutions as you do. Raise issues. But propose a few answers. For every hole you poke, offer a way to patch it up.
- Own the Result. We have no time for blame or shame. When you stumble, own it, learn from it + get back to business.
- Do More. Do more than your job description. Take initiative. Take charge. No job is beneath you, and no job is too big. Be a leader and do more — do whatever it takes.
Be Inclusive, Always.
Research shows that women and other marginalized groups tend to apply to roles only when they check every point on a job description. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of qualifications and this role is aligned with your career trajectory.
Built In is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Built In is guided by principles of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI). We are committed to this work over the long-term, but here’s some of what’s in place today:
- We have five thriving ERG groups: Built In For The People, BuiltOut, United We Parent, Womxn United in Tech and Built In Tribe.
- We have a dedicated Director, HR + Inclusion who oversees our DEI roadmap, which provides our annual metrics, goals and initiatives.
- We are proud to be led by a woman CEO and founder, and that more than half of our managers and employees identify as women
NOTE: BUILT IN NEVER CONTACTS JOB APPLICANTS VIA TEXT, MESSENGER OR OTHER SIMILAR APPLICATIONS. BE AWARE OF PHISHING AND SPOOFING SCAMS, BOTH VIA TEXT AND EMAIL. ONLY RESPOND TO EMAILS FROM BUILTIN.COM