Associate Editor - Roofing Professional at Informa (Remote)
We organise over 500 large-scale branded and transaction-oriented events in 14 specialist markets. These are typically not-to-be-missed annual events where buyers and sellers build relationships, see and show products and do business.
We also provide year-round online platforms where companies showcase their businesses and products and buyers conduct research, generating valuable leads, and we provide data and digital content that supports the flow of knowledge and transactions in markets.Job Description
We are excited to recruit a full-time Associate Editor for one of our brands; Roofing Professional.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for someone who will be responsible for the oversight of digital planning and management of daily operations for The Roofing Expo. This includes identifying, researching, developing and writing content for the website and digital newsletter. This person will be results oriented with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills. They will create insightful content, including distinctive features, for our brand publications while following brand guidelines and receiving direction from Chief Editor.
Some responsibilities include:
- Discover and produce unique and engaging content daily and publish to multiple platforms in an organized manner
- Idea and lead generation for feature articles
- Update, write, edit, and curate branded website content as needed.
- Contribute to initiatives for collecting, collaborating, and sharing data and information
- Generate own ideas for articles and site projects, conceptualizing ideas and creating editorial plans.
- Produce high volume of creative written content.
- Review data and social-media feedback to optimize performance and maintain consistent growth.
- Four-year college degree in journalism or a related communications field
- Two or more years of experience writing for a publication or website
- Strong writing, reporting and copy-editing skills.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite such as: InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience with digital storytelling tools, SEO, CMS and analytics
- Ability to adhere to deadlines
- Ability to travel domestically up to 10%
- Construction industry editorial expertise is a plus
- Experience with HTML/CSS and Drupal
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.