Associate Director, Production at Chewy (Miami, FL)
Chewy is seeking an Associate Director, Production to join our in-house creative team and work side-by-side with passionate pet lovers. The ideal candidate would direct our video/photo and production operations teams in Plantation, Florida. This position will monitor all projects and processes across the teams of producers and coordinators. You will drive process improvement, find efficiencies, create organization, and transform teams into well-oiled machines.
What You'll Do:
- Own the creative studio production process for video/photo in our Plantation FL Studio
- Oversee the production teams as they execute on budgets, daily productions, and project schedules
- Coach, mentor, and set department-level and individual goals for production staff that support broader creative services and marketing goals and initiatives
- Set strategic goals for operational efficiency and revise policies in line with company directives
- Collaborate with other Studio leaders to assess cross-functional capability, project scale, and crews to assign based on scope, talent and budget considerations
- Efficiently deliver high-end content and develop new content with internal studio teams and external resources while maintaining brand standards
- Define studio production operational KPIs, measure execution and impact, and suggest future improvements
- Inspect, refine and optimize the production forecasting and budgeting process, and grow the production staff's comfort level with metrics and data
- Review every project submitted to Studio Production and oversee the entire production timeline: ideation, feasibility, preproduction, execution, and postproduction
- Provide clear and concise direction, monitor and push for timely approval processes and on-time delivery
- Analyze and manage shared resources, workspaces, project setups, freelance resources, talent contracts, and deliverables and solve for efficiency by removing bottlenecks and gaps
- Stay current with marcom video/photo technologies needed to execute content at a high level
What You'll Need:
As the Associate Director, Production, you will be "the glue" making sure all facets of the production team and process are running smoothly and efficiently. Your primary responsibility is to help lead, organize, and focus synergistic workflows and output.
You’ll need a natural ability to create strong and effective internal partnerships amongst cross functional teams and be able to thrive in a dynamic, deadline-driven environment. You will need to have the instinctual ability to see challenges before they arise, troubleshoot and pivot as needed.
- Minimum 10 years of collective video/photo production experience in a media environment, with E-Commerce/Retail experience a plus!
- 5+ years of experience managing people and leading production teams and projects of various sizes and scopes
- Must be process-driven and able to pivot based on project requirements and changes in scope
- An understanding of production quality, a creative thinker who sees value in high-level execution of projects
- Strong understanding of all aspects of production, from concept to art direction to storytelling to lighting to editing
- Comfortable creating metrics and KPIs, dealing with data and budgets, and clearly presenting information to stakeholders
- Ability to adhere to our Chewy style guide standards
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail, organization and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment
- Has experience in managing creative and diverse photo/video studio teams
- Must be an experienced people leader, mentor, and be invested in the growth and development of direct and dotted line reports
About Chewy Studios
We are the ultimate one-stop shop for creative at chewy.com. We concept, design, and create original brands and packaging and online assets. We concept social campaigns, banners and lead the design for all internal and external marketing efforts. We also shoot and style all of our own photography, video and television commercials. If you saw it out in the wild and it had the Chewy logo on it, Chewy Studios was there – from start to finish. With positions ranging from entry-level script writing and production graphic design work to senior creative conception, producing and photography, Chewy Studios does it all, in-house, with pride from 3 locations in Boston MA, Dallas TX, and the mothership in Plantation FL. If you love pets and crave working in an ultra-creative environment, give us a shout. We're always interested in meeting new people – and their pets.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you need an accommodation during the application process or to perform these job requirements, or if you need a religious accommodation, please contact [email protected]
If you have a question regarding your application, please contact [email protected]
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.