Attention NJ Applicants : In April 2020, our Company announced plans to consolidate our New Jersey campuses into a single New Jersey headquarters location in Rahway, NJ by 2023. Therefore, the NJ work location for this role will be temporarily based and the exact timing of the departmental move to Rahway, NJ will be communicated at a future date.
The Digital Marketing and Commercial Excellence (DMCE) organization strives to accelerate our commercial transformation, with a focus on modernizing customer engagement for competitive advantage, using data-driven insights. We seek to drive innovation, growth and productivity enabled by digital and data.
The Content Capabilities Team focuses on delivering foundational content capabilities to power omnichannel launches and optimize customer engagement.
The role will report to the Content Capabilities Director within the Digital Marketing Operations Team whose mission is to drive digital marketing at scale and bring efficiency and speed in our operations.
The preferred candidate will act as the Veeva Vault PromoMats Lead to deliver enhanced and new system functionality to users and partner closely with local markets and internal stakeholders.
R ole responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Business Lead for Veeva Vault PromoMats and Subject Matter Expert (SME) of Marketing Technology landscape
- Partner with internal teams (DMCE, IT) PromoMats local market Single Points of Contact (SPOCs) and external vendor (Veeva) to identify relevant and implement new functionality of Veeva Vault PromoMats
- Collaborate with cross functional teams (Human Health Insights, Data & Analytics (HHIAD), IT, DMCE) to identify and address business needs related to content management to win as one team
- Partner with the Customer Engagement Capabilities Team to continue the development of an integrated Marketing Technology ecosystem
- Partner with the Content Operations Team to continue the scaling of the Content and Campaigns program and foundational capabilities for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the end-to-end content development and execution process
- Demonstrate high degree of emotional intelligence to act with urgency and focus on what matters
- Manage special projects as necessary
Required education, qualifications, and experience:
- Bachelor's degree or international equivalent from an accredited university
- Understanding of Veeva Vault PromoMats or other promotional material approval system
- Ability to think strategically and partner with stakeholders to achieve strategic goals while embracing experimentation, learning and adaptation
- Experience and success in cross-functional leadership and teamwork in a global environment
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills and willingness to speak up and be open-minded
- Omnichannel product launch, campaign planning and/or customer engagement experience
- Understanding of promotional material approval process and digital asset management
- Experience in the company's content life cycle including planning, creation, and delivery
- Knowledge of our company's regulatory and compliance policies related to promotional materials
- Experience working in an agile environment or scrum framework
Our Human Health Division maintains a "patient first, profits later" ideology. The organization is comprised of sales, marketing, market access, digital analytics and commercial professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing our medicines to our customers worldwide.
Who we are ...
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for ...
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us-and start making your impact today.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
New hires in office-based roles in the US & Puerto Rico will be required, subject to applicable law, to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for a medical or religious exemption to this vaccination requirement that can be accommodated without an undue burden to the operation. However, subject to applicable law, employees working in roles that the Company determines require routine collaboration with external stakeholders, such as employees in health services, customer facing commercial, or research based roles, will be required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another's thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Residents of Colorado:
Click here to request this role's pay range.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: