Assessment Item Writer - R (Contract/Part-Time) at DataCamp (Remote)
DataCamp is on a mission to make the world data fluent by building the future of scalable data education, assessments, certification and collaboration tools for data professionals. Since our launch more than 10 million learners around the world have completed hundreds of millions of DataCamp content items, and over 2,500 businesses and government entities worldwide use DataCamp to make their teams and organizations data fluent.
We will be massively scaling those numbers in 2022 and beyond, and want you to be a part of it!
About the Role:
We are looking for passionate individuals with experience in Data Science/Data Analysis to work with our Certification and Assessment team. DataCamp Certification allows individuals to validate their data proficiency in specific data roles and connect with companies that are hiring data professionals.
As an Item Writer for DataCamp, you will be responsible for writing individual questions for assessments used across the DataCamp platform. You will work with our project manager to write and review sets of questions to a pre-defined and validated specification. You will act as a technical expert for item writing, working with DataCamp assessment experts to ensure items are valid, reliable and unbiased while also being technically correct.
- Create assessment items as specified to the test specifications for a range of data skills and technologies
- Ensure items are written to the appropriate level of difficulty and focus of the assessment and include all relevant supporting materials (e.g. grading information, source information for data)
- Provide peer reviews to other item writers to ensure technical correctness of all items developed
- Implement feedback provided by other items writers and/or DataCamp assessment experts
- Ensure that all assigned tasks are completed within the agreed timelines
- Attend meetings as necessary for training, item editing, or alignment of requirements
The ideal candidate:
- Has 2+ years of experience in a data science or data analysis role
- Is comfortable programming in Python, R or SQL
- Is comfortable giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Has a strong command of English and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Is collaborative and motivated, with ability to execute swiftly
- Is organized, analytical and detail-oriented
- High sense of urgency and goal orientation (thrives in fast-paced environment)
- Experience in assessment item writing is a plus but not required (appropriate training will be provided)
As a minimum, we expect you to commit to writing 20 items per week and reviewing 20 items per week, paid per item written/reviewed. You will be required to complete initial onboarding and training in assessment item writing before you start which will be paid at an hourly rate.
What's in it for you:
In addition to joining a creative and international start-up, you’ll enjoy:
- A very competitive salary and stock options
- An exciting job that will offer you technical challenges every day
- Flexible working hours
- International company retreats
- Conference and hardware budget
- Working with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.