Administrative Tax Internship- Spring 2024
At Wipfli, people count
The way you think makes you different. At Wipfli, we embrace that.
Our inclusive culture provides a space for everyone to have a voice. Our growing number of DEI resource groups celebrate diversity and champion awareness throughout Wipfli.
We're also focused on helping you achieve success with balance. From hybrid schedules and flexible time off to training programs and mental wellness initiatives, we take care of our team.
If you want to be in an environment where you can grow, feed your curiosity and make a difference, Wipfli is the place for you.
Are you an accounting student looking for an entry level position at an accounting firm that can lead to an Accounting internship? Become an Administration intern with Wipfli! This is a part-time position where you will work 15-20 hours per week.
What you will Gain:
- Experience the Wipfli Way first hand while working side by side with professionals from all levels of the firm
- Work as an individual contributor and as part of a team to support client engagements
- Develop administrative, professional, and interpersonal skills to the extent of being able to organize, analyze and communicate with others in a productive and efficient manner.
- Assist in the assembly of reports, ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Assist other administrative staff with overflow work.
- Provide administrative support to ensure deadlines are met, while maintaining a positive, collaborative work environment.
- Respond to inquiries from client and work with client to gather necessary information for completion of required documents.
- Filing and organizing
- Provide back up in answering phones
- Process Tax documents
- Pursuing a Bachelors or Masters degree in Accounting (completion of corporate or individual taxation class is required)
- Above average competency in accounting as demonstrated by college GPA; Preferred 3.0 GPA or higher
- Working towards eligibility to sit for CPA exam upon graduation (150 credits)
- Ability to think independently and make good decisions based on education and experience
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with clients and staff
- Ability to prioritize work, follow through on requests, take initiative and meet deadlines
Wipfli is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All candidates will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identify, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Wipfli is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application, interview, or participate in our recruiting process, please send us an email at [email protected]
Wipfli cares about our associates and offers a variety of benefits to support their well-being. Benefit offerings include paid sick leave; access to free, confidential counseling through our Employee Assistance Program. Wipfli offers flexibility for many positions to be performed remotely; please discuss your work preferences with your recruiter during the interview process.
Victoria Spencer, from our recruiting team, will be guiding you through this process. Visit her LinkedIn page to connect!